There are few business transaction outcomes more frustrating than being denied proper insurance coverage after faithfully paying premiums for years. If you or your elderly or disabled family member has been denied fulfillment of the terms of a long-term care or long-term disability insurance policy in northwest Arkansas, contact our law firm. Odom Law Firm has helped numerous clients overcome insurance disputes such as refusal of long-term disability or long-term care insurance benefits.
Insurance companies that write long-term disability policies have denials down to a science, it seems. Do not be surprised if your insurer:
- Insists on an evaluation by a nurse sent by the insurer
- Then claims, based on the nurse's report, that your health challenges do not rise to the level of disability according to their definition
- Insists that if you are disabled enough to qualify, then you should live in a nursing home (although you and your family have developed plans for you to remain at home)
- Puts up one roadblock after another to a successful resolution of your claim
- Repeatedly asks you to provide more information, effectively dragging out payment of benefits for months on end
Our trial attorneys can evaluate your case and prepare strong arguments in your favor. We have settled many such cases through negotiations, but we let our opponents know that we are prepared to go before a judge and jury if necessary.